Welcome to Business Advice North East – an insightful news and information hub by the North East business community, for the North East business community.
The Business Advice North East blog was launched by Tait Walker as an interactive online forum for the regional business community, bringing you fresh insights, comment, advice and information every week.
To keep the site varied and as relevant as possible we encourage outside contributions from any area of the business community. This can be any individual with an area of expertise or interest in the region’s business scene – the site is for you to use and enjoy but also to help create.
There are five sections including, Growth, Start Up, Finance, Tax and Legal, and a special section called Spotlight to highlight a hot topic or person of interest, so there are plenty of opportunities to get your thoughts across.
How to contribute
Do you have a burning issue in your industry or some advice to offer others on a hot topic? If the answer is yes then please feel free to email us any comment pieces, articles or video links.
Alternatively, if there is something pressing which you don’t have a solution to then let us know. One of our experts would be happy to try and use it as a blog subject to help resolve your issue.
A few key points:
- WORD COUNT – A rough guide would be around 300 – 400 words. This is not a strict rule but Blogs should be easily digestible so bullet points, short and to-the-point content is perfect.
- NO JARGON – Business Advice NE should be accessible to anyone so no jargon allowed!
- COPYWRIGHT – You own your own material, which is why any article written by you will have your by-line at the end. You are also welcome to publish the link on your own blog or website.
- PAYMENT- Unfortunately we do not pay contributors. We run Business Advice NE as a site to help the North East business community – the point is to share ideas and information, encouraging and supporting growth.
- PROMOTING EVENTS – If you have a relevant business advice event we would be happy to publish this on the blog. Please send this through with as much information about the event as possible.
- PICTURES – If you have the copyright for a good image to accompany your blog, please send it as long as your file size to under 2mb.
- VIDEO – Video blogs are a great change for a reader, please email an outline of your video or link for Tait Walker to view.
To get in touch about contributing, please email me, the blog editor Kirsty Ramsey at Kirsty.email@example.com.
I will always give you feedback regarding your pitch and if it’s not quite suitable I will always try to help steer your idea in the right direction.