If, having looked at your energy bills, the answer is “yes” then you need to reconsider your fuel usage and speak to our VAT specialist Nigel Smith. A recent review of an Academy client discovered that the provision of fuel and power was … [Read More...]
HMRC launched the registration for the new Marriage Allowance today, which is a tax break for married couples. It enables married couples or civil partnerships to reduce their overall tax bills, by one member of the marriage/partnership electing to transfer part of their unused income tax allowances to their partner. This is primarily of use where: Only one member of the marriage/partnership works One person works full time and the other works part time One person has been on sabbatical or unpaid leave (e.g. maternity/paternity leave) The allowance will operate as a claim, where one person will have to register online with HMRC and the change will be processed via the payroll (by coding). HMRC will confirm the recipient’s change to their Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) tax code. It may be useful to inform your staff of this new allowance – full details can be found here. For further advice, please contact Alastair Wilson on 0191 285 0321 or email … [Read More...]
Great news for manufacturers in England who want to enter or expand their presence in the growing nuclear sector…
Developed by the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (Nuclear AMRC) and delivered in partnership with the Manufacturing Advisory Service (MAS), Fit For Nuclear (F4N) is offering grants of around £10,000 to companies that want to meet industry standards and compete for work in civil nuclear. This £1.5m funding call has been unveiled to help manufacturers in England to enhance their presence in the nuclear world. It will allow management teams to drive business improvements in areas such as improved manufacturing processes, factory layout, bid writing, training plans and strategy. Manufacturers can apply for the funding to support R&D projects or develop new products, as well as accessing Nuclear ARMC’s workshop capabilities. All projects need to be completed by 31st March 2016 – firms are urged to apply as soon as possible. Backed by partners including Areva and EDF Energy, Fit For Nuclear will give manufacturers a clearer understanding of supplier expectations … [Read More...]
As an update to the long running saga of the changes to the rules on Community Amateur Sports Clubs, the legislation implementing the changes to the CASC rules announced by HMRC and, which have been consulted on for nearly two years, was enacted on 18th December 2014. The new legislation will come into force from 1 April 2015 and will require many clubs to alter aspects of their membership structure or structure for provision of facilities and services to both members and non-members. The new rules implement the key changes as had been expected and widely consulted upon, namely: The “Open to the Community” rules will require clubs, who have base membership fees of more than £520 annually, to provide new affordable membership options to persons on low incomes where that cost of participation will have to be less than £520 a year The “income condition” will require that clubs who generate more than £100,000 a year of turnover from trading income adapt their corporate … [Read More...]
- Academies – are you paying Climate Change Levy (“CCL”) on your Fuel and Power?
- Charity SORP 2015 – Practical Implementation Guide
- Want funding for professional advice? Small and medium sized businesses – have you applied for Growth Vouchers? You only have 5 weeks left…
- “Married Couples Tax Break” – new measure launched by HMRC
- EBT users – time is running out to utilise the EBT Settlement Opportunity
- If you owned a cash machine full of money would you insure it?
- For those dreaming of buying their business – the truth behind a management buy out
- Engineering companies – HMRC want your evidence of the impact on your business of proposed changes to the R&D Tax Relief to exclude materials from R&D claims
- Great news for manufacturers in England who want to enter or expand their presence in the growing nuclear sector…
- Don’t miss out on your chance to apply for Growth Vouchers…
- Engineering companies, please help us try to persuade HMRC not to change the R&D Tax Relief regime…
- Changes to the petition level on bankruptcies – will this help or hinder?
- Day 5 – Buying a Business
- Day 4 – Buying a Business
- Day 3 – Buying a Business